The Key Points And Drawing Method Of Bolt Connection Assembly Process
Bolts, studs, and screws are the three most common types of threaded fasteners. The connection of thread is to use a connection between internal and external threads to connect and tighten some parts. These connection forms can be disassembled. As a professional fastener manufacturer, Xinchi Fastener Company is pleased to share bolts, studs, screw connection matters, assembly process points, and related drawing knowledge based on the knowledge of common connection forms of fastener threads.
In our daily life, common threaded fasteners are as follows, as shown in the figure below.
Let’s start with the bolted connection.
Common applications for bolted connections: They are used to connect parts that are not too thick and allow for drilling through holes.
The assembly process for bolted connections:
First, put the bolt through the hole of the connecting piece. For easy assembly, the through hole should be slightly larger than the diameter of the bolt rod d, about 1.1d. Then install a washer on the threaded end and screw on the nut. The purpose of adding washers is to avoid damaging the surface of the connected piece when tightening the nut.
Drawing method of bolt connection:
- The aperture of the connected piece =1.1d.
- The profile lines of the two plates are in opposite directions.
- The contact surface of the two connected pieces forms a contour line.
- Bolts, washers and nuts are not divided.
- There are two contours between the thread diameter of the bolt and the optical hole of the connected piece, and the contours of the contact surface of the parts should be drawn between them.
- The effective length of the bolt is calculated according to the following formula (after calculation, check the table for standard value).
Common wrong drawing of bolted connection:
- The section lines of two adjacent parts should be in opposite directions.
- A gap should be drawn between the bolt and the hole.
- The thread segment and thread termination line should be drawn.
Xinchi Fastener Company is a trustworthy fastener company, especially in furniture nuts. And we are the designated fastener supplier to“STAPLE”. As a trusted fastener supplier, Xinchi Fastener Company can offer a wide range of high-quality fasteners, including tee nuts, screws, bolts, rivets, washers, etc. If you want to know more about fasteners or want to wholesale fasteners, please feel free to contact us. And then our experienced and expert service team will reply to you as soon as possible.